New TechSpot heading

By Rory7
Apr 8, 2004
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, is it just me or does anyone think the old TechSpot heading was better than the new one? What is the little ball thingy next to the T?
  2. Godataloss

Godataloss Newcomer, in training Posts: 501

I like it- has a certain retro feel about it and that is all the rage these days.:grinthumb
  3. BrownPaper

BrownPaper Newcomer, in training Posts: 467

it looks cool to me.
  4. Rory7

Rory7 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 164

The actual writing is nice i just dont get the picture, what is it?
  5. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Maybe it's a trackball.
  6. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

It's nice looking, but with anything, it takes some getting used to. :)

I think the older one was more self-explanitory.. A picture of a computer shows the clear intent of the site. Not sure about the sphere.
  7. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

No offense but personally I still like to see the old one as this one does not appeal to me.
  8. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

As was said in a post above, it has a "retro feel" about it. I like the old one better, more modern, up to date.
  9. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,928

The ball is the 'spot' in techSPOT (notice the similar colour). It appears to be fixed to some kind of bracket with wires attached (probably the 'tech' part). That doesn't work for me - its far too obscure. I like the old heading better.
  10. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,212

Ditto! Seems less.......cold, if you will.
  11. Rory7

Its not a spot, its a ball. The bracket isnt exacly the best representative for technology, piece of metal with 2 wires. Its not bad, but i prefear the old version, perhaps a slight revamping of the old version?

12. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,928

13. Rory7

The ball is the spot... isnt a ball a ball? Nevermind anyway, dont want to start moaning about it. It isnt bad, just thought the other was better and wonderd what other people thought.

Thanks
  14. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Heh...

Just finished kkrieger (the 98k game), and when browsing the site I suddenly thought that I'd forgotten to turn FSAA back on when I saw the new logo.

I don't really mind the new logo, but I think it's a bit strange that it has "jaggies"...
  15. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

I have uploaded a modified version of the new logo, at first instance you may not notice it but it should look as sharp as possible, I took some time and drew it in vectors so it's really as good as it can get.

As for switching logos... no doubt it'll take a while to get used to, especially because the whole design hasn't changed but the logo alone, however if a new layout is to come, it will be carrying the newer logo, take it as a chance in our corporate identity.

Some of you may remember years ago when we switched from Jawbreaker to vB forums and it felt really strange, then just days/weeks after, pretty much everyone was talking of how great the move was... I'd compare both of these situations.
  16. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I think it looks good currently, and it will only grow on everyone else sooner or later. Change is usually good, and so far TS has been chaning for the better :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.