TechSpot

New to site....please help, CPU quit working!!

By boa-ka-missa
Jan 2, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I have been looking all over the internet for a possible solution to my problem. I came upon this site, and thought someone out there may have an answer.

I installed software, from a disk, for a digital camera (under $20, from Radio Shack). The computer then prompted me to restart my computer. So I shut it down, but when I started it back up it won't work. The loading screen pops up, with the F8 for recovery and such (sorry, I am computer-term illiterate). It won't go past that screen. It also starts beeping faster and faster until it is almost a constant whine.

I have tried every button and combo of buttons that I can think of. I have taken every cord out and reconnected it. I tried the recovery disks I created ( I, unfortunatly only made 3 of 8), but even that doesn't do anything.

My computer is an HP approx. 2 years old. Pentium 4. Windows XP. If anyone has any solutions or ideas what the problem may be I would appreciate it so much.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.