TechSpot

New to the site and need help

By llanddh
Jan 24, 2006
  1. New to the site

Hello,
    my fiance and I are new to your site. Found it while trying to find a fix for a problem virus which has taken over the home computer. It is the ROFL.sys that none of the current anti-virus software can do anything with. Currently working from info posted on how to rid problem but now have what seems to be more viruses than before. I'm sure we will be pinging you for help. :hotbounce

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello llanddh and welcome to Techspot.

Be sure to read the stickie`s at the top of the security and the web forum.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. llanddh

llanddh TS Rookie Topic Starter

Newcomer Introduction

Understood, howard. I read the stickies and still made the mistake of putting my urgent plea in the subject title of my intro. I will not make that mistake again. Thanks for the heads up. My fiance will be asking for help with the virus problem today I'm pretty sure.

Thanks
    Donnen

4. howard_hopkinso

The file you decribe is a rootkit infection.

Look HERE for removal instructions.

If you have any further malware/virus problems. Please post them in the security and the web forum.

Regards Howard :)

5. llanddh

llanddh TS Rookie Topic Starter

Rootkit

Howard,
    Thanks for the link, but she already followed that info exactly and now there seems to be more problems than before. I will make sure she posts the exact problem on the security and web forum.

Thanks again
    donnen :)

6. howard_hopkinso

No problem mate.

I`m sure the guys will do all they can to help.

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.