New to the site

By Herbert
Oct 25, 2007
  1. Hi,
    I'm a complete newbie to the site and have just worked my way through the 15 steps of the preliminary removal instructions. Tried to submit 2 log reports (1 of the 3 didn't find anything so no report), but got the message that as a newcomer without posts can't submit a post with links and images. Since all I'd done was type a message and include the two repots I've no idea what the links and/or images are. Can someone advise please?
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello Herbert and welcome to Techspot.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Please post any questions/problems you may have, in the appropriate Forums.<<Click the link for a list of our forums.

As regards your problem.

You need to open a new thread in our security forum and post the requested log files as attachments and not copy and pasted. See the link in my signature for details.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. Herbert

Herbert TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you Howard_Hokinso

Hello Howard_Hopinso
    Many thanks. I did try to open a new thread in the security forum and the log files were attached using the attachment manager and the upload button in the popup. I then typed a message describing my problem, what I'd done to try and solve it etc.
    I now get the following message

to be able to post links or images your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 1 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.
    Looks like I'll have to try again when I've reache the 3 postings!
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

As far as I was aware, this didn`t affect attachments, as lot`s of new members have posted their log files with no problems, even though it was their first post.

However, please feel free to reply to this post, then you`ll have the necessary posts. ;)

Regards Howard :)
  5. Herbert

Herbert TS Rookie Topic Starter

Submitting a post

Thanks again - hopefully I can proceed further.
  6. N1TEVZN1

N1TEVZN1 TS Rookie

welcome Herbert,
    I'm pretty new myself and everybody here is very helpful with pretty much anything that deals with technology. So far, I've enjoyed this site very much so far.
  7. asquier

asquier TS Rookie

Welcome to the site Herbert. I am a newbie myself. I look forward to the discussions here with everyone.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.