New to this site, but not to computers.

By redhat9
Jul 26, 2006
  1. Hello all, Google led me to this site while searching for new forums about computers, so I decided to join. I have been a long time member of TSG forums and have enjoyed it, so why not do the same to another one. Anyways, my system, no don't laugh becuase I know it is old but it still runs good. I call it my geezer-hertz. It is a custom built, Pentium III 1.0 GHz, Gigabyte Motherboard - GA-6VXC7-4X-P, 512 MB RAM, Nvidia GeForce FX5500, Creative Soundblaster Live! 24 bit, D-Link 802.11g WiFi card, Linksys Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000 MBPS ethernet card, DVD-RW burner, 20 gig Maxtor, 40 and 80 gig Western Digital, totally 140 gigs, Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. So ya, that is my system. I personally like it, it's not no slug, boots in approx. 1 minute and a half, but then again it isnt no 64 bit Athlon when I want to crunch a bunch of data or burn a DVD and have to re-code video. But it does get the job done. Then I got an iMac, G3 333 MHz, 256 MB RAM, Mac OS X Panther 10.3.9. Thats it for my personal computers. So tell me what you think about my Pentium III system, I like to see what people think. Even if you want to tell me to chuck it out of the window, any feedback is better than none. Awaiting your responses - Jaimy.
  2. akaivan

akaivan TS Maniac Posts: 470

Hello and welcomE! = )...

your pc isnt so bad. My dads pc is kidna like
  3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

Your P-III 1GHz will be remembered as a 'Muscle Computer' in about 10 more years. Keep it because its going to be classic!
  4. Hofstadter

Hofstadter TS Rookie

I certainly would'nt throw it out of the window, I used to have a simillar set-up a while back, and it was great PIII was great :).
  5. nickslick74

nickslick74 TS Rookie Posts: 575

Welcome to TechSpot!:wave:

Nothing wrong with your PIII system, probably tons better than some P4's out there!:bounce:
  6. redhat9

redhat9 TS Rookie Topic Starter

7. redhat9

redhat9 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Attached Files:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.