TechSpot

New to this site, but not to computers.

By redhat9
Jul 26, 2006
  1. Hello all, Google led me to this site while searching for new forums about computers, so I decided to join. I have been a long time member of TSG forums and have enjoyed it, so why not do the same to another one. Anyways, my system, no don't laugh becuase I know it is old but it still runs good. I call it my geezer-hertz. It is a custom built, Pentium III 1.0 GHz, Gigabyte Motherboard - GA-6VXC7-4X-P, 512 MB RAM, Nvidia GeForce FX5500, Creative Soundblaster Live! 24 bit, D-Link 802.11g WiFi card, Linksys Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000 MBPS ethernet card, DVD-RW burner, 20 gig Maxtor, 40 and 80 gig Western Digital, totally 140 gigs, Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. So ya, that is my system. I personally like it, it's not no slug, boots in approx. 1 minute and a half, but then again it isnt no 64 bit Athlon when I want to crunch a bunch of data or burn a DVD and have to re-code video. But it does get the job done. Then I got an iMac, G3 333 MHz, 256 MB RAM, Mac OS X Panther 10.3.9. Thats it for my personal computers. So tell me what you think about my Pentium III system, I like to see what people think. Even if you want to tell me to chuck it out of the window, any feedback is better than none. Awaiting your responses - Jaimy.

2. akaivan

akaivan TS Maniac Posts: 470

Hello and welcomE! = )...

your pc isnt so bad. My dads pc is kidna like that...lol..

3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

Your P-III 1GHz will be remembered as a 'Muscle Computer' in about 10 more years. Keep it because its going to be classic!

4. Hofstadter

Hofstadter TS Rookie

I certainly would'nt throw it out of the window, I used to have a simillar set-up a while back, and it was great PIII was great :).

5. nickslick74

nickslick74 TS Rookie Posts: 575

Welcome to TechSpot!:wave:

Nothing wrong with your PIII system, probably tons better than some P4's out there!:bounce:

6. redhat9

redhat9 TS Rookie Topic Starter

7. redhat9

redhat9 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Screenshot.

Attached Files:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.