New to this, so I really am lost on even getting a reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tish Bird

I'm going to go to bed and see if I can figure this out in the AM. i'm not stupid but I sure feel like it now. Hopefully i'll get up nnd can think in the mornig! Talk to you soon. TBird

Call that sleeping ? More like hibernation if you ask me :) What exactly do you mean when you say it doesn`t work.What happens when you click on the IE icon ? Does it work from the start menu ? Does it work from C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer(Double-click IExplore.exe)

hibernation

The IE file is corrupted. I have been on the phone with both Verizon and Dell. I've released, renewed, ipconfiged just about everything. The IE icon does nothing. I cannot even ping on my desktop. The laptop works fine. The both have Windows XP home, but the desktop came with disks which I have already tried to restore IE. The laptop came w/o disks but only the suggestion to restore if anything went wrong. I already restored to the earliest point on the desktop. Any other suggestions, like how can I get IE off the laptop, or install a different browser? The desktop will NOT go online. Thanks, Tish
P.S. I like to sleep

this should help

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378
This will allow you to repair ie and outlook express (if needed)
IF you still have issues post what youve done to trouble shoot.
If you are having issues getting an IP then IE is not your issue. You could have a network card problem.
Give us a little more specific info for what you did with Ipconfig and such.

Thanks

Loupe

http://www.opera.com/download/

Use that browser, it's way better than IE.

I have Mozilla, Mozilla FireFox, Netscape, IE and Opera and Opera is my favourite out of all these at the moment. The best thing about it is that you can set it to automatically remeber the sites when you close it, so that they come up again automatically the next time you start Opera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back