New to vista and need help with audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just got a new laptop with Vista and am having problems with the headphone and microphone jack. Let me try and explain.

This is what I did on my last pc with XP; I plugged my guitar into an effects processor and ran the out jack into the microphone jack on my pc and used my headphones to listen to or record the guitar through the pc. No, where I’m really confused is that I can still plug my effects processor into my new pc with Vista and record it and then play it back through the speakers or back through the headphones but I can’t hear it live. My question is, how can I hear myself playing my guitar live through the speakers of headphones? I tried adjusting the properties of the playback and recording devices, but I can't figure it out. My new pc is a Toshiba X205-S9800 if it matters. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard that vista needs a sound driver to be able to hear my guitar live through the speakers of my laptop. Can anyone offer some suggestions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back