New to Vista = New to TechSpot!

By ryanlavine
Apr 19, 2008
  1. Hi Everyone -

My story is similar ot many here - my pc is like my right hand.After 4 years my Toshiba M35X-S149 motherboard fried due to some aftermarket ram.

I was lucky that the local repair shop was able to put the hard drive into an external USB case so i didnt lose anything.

I had to rush to get a new laptop as i am in the middle of a busy quarter at school and decided to buy the Toshiba A215-S5849 for $610.00 after tax and rebat from Circuit City.

I bought it on Tuesday and it took a lot of time to convert everything from xp to vista.

The computer crashed so many times i lost count. Same situations as many in this site with an A215 model. So here I am trying everything that everyone else is doing, but one by one I am getting shot down as the pc dies, dies and dies again...
  2. ryanlavine

ryanlavine TS Rookie Topic Starter

Toshiba A215, Not Vista, the problem...

I guess it is not vista that is screwing up but the Toshiba A215 series laptop...
  3. ryanlavine

ryanlavine TS Rookie Topic Starter

Great Community

I noticed so amny helpful people in this community and I am loking forward to receiving assistance and offering sympathy to those in the same boat as I!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.