new TS user and I NEED HELP!

By Gungrave
Oct 8, 2006
  1. Hello TS members

Gungrave is my game alias that my brother and I use while in all online game play.

I have a Portable Gamming notebook from Alienware (Alienware-75000
    P4HT 3.0
    (2) 1024 533MHz DDR2
    80 GB 7,200 ATA 100 hard drive
    DVD/CD Dual Later +/- RW
    DVD/CD +/- RW

My problem is:

I recently had my computer crash now once I logged onto Win XP Pro the system would lock up within 10-15 minutes same for DOS and Safe mode. So I reinstaled my OS. The odd thing is now every time I boot my system it keeps saying BIOS not found/BIOS not instaled or Operating system not found.

I atempted reinstaling the OS again but it does not show any usable storage devices to instal the os during XP instalation.

Now for me to get into bios it takes some what of a miricale some times I can get into my bios settings other times it will just state OS not found.

I have disabled the SCSI opiton in BIOS and made sure its looking for ATA drives and yet no results.

Please help.
  2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

Try writing this post over in the WINDOWS OS section of the website, and you will have more replies. This site can be confusing at first :) . Welcome to Techspot!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.