New-various comp problems, restarts etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recenetly I may have gotten some kind of virus. My computer now restarts when I open IE, and when I scan my computer with Ad-Aware, any ideas on whats going on? Here is a copy of my HijackThis Scan:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
[deleted by RealBlackStuff]

Any help would be greatly appreciated in fixing this problem. Thanks in advance.

see How to post your Hijackthis log-files as an attachment.

when it reboots when you open ie do you get a timer counting down from 30 or some other number?

if so do the following.

go to start>run>services.msc hit enter
find the RPC(Remote Procedure Call) service listed there. right click on it and go to properties.

from here click on recovery in the boxes set the response to the failure to restart service on failure for all 3 options.

If you are getting the timer.. you have a virus/trojan that is exploiting a flaw in the RPC. doing windows updates should resolve the initial exploit they are using but i would recommend you do a good online virus scan go to trendmicro or symantec...

Nope.. no timers or anything.. it just restarts without warning. I also get those "Your computer has recovered from a serious error" messages from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back