Not open for further replies.
ok well first off ill start by giving my specs

Emachines T6520
AMD 64Bit Athlon
2.4 Clock Speed
Windows XP SP2
1Gig Ram[400MHz]
ATI Radeon Xpress 200

Today i went off to best buy and bought me a Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 PCI [ DDR ] 256mb. Everything was good and dandy until i ran counter-strike. i ran into trouble because i saw i had 20fps. On my old video card i had a steady 99. So i start researching online and i change a few commands. my cs 1.6 is now running 40-60 FPS, and my card is on HIGH PERFORMANCE Setting. i dont know what else to do. i cannot play cs professional because im use to 100fps. anyone have any ideas

world of warcraft works Great! on my ati i had 15 fps, MAX. on my nvidia i get 25-32.. which is really smooth now..

if anyone has any suggestions please post em, if you really wanna be nice, send the info to my AIM. Ashyda1.

peace out

ty paranoid lol, im new here

:eek: Put that e-mail address away man! Do you want to get a pile of spam???Just edit the message and remove the e-mail address. Anyway,
Sounds kind of like a driver compatibility issue, try downloading different drivers for your card.
Or, your memory settings could be set wrong i.e. your 256mb card can only use 64mb or something like that. Unfortunately I don't know off the top of my head how to fix this if this is the problem :eek: But I'll find it for you if different drivers don't work. It's around here somewhere...

i have tried the drivers it came with, and i downloaded the newest Nvidia drivers available, but i still get the same problem..

im up 50-60 fps now!!! omg almost to 100 :)

Ok I found out who was talking about changing aparture size(the amount of RAM the card is alloted I think) It's here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/post282870-8.html
Maybe you should try that and see what it says, cause I'm guessing your old card was only 64 or 128mb. Can you tell us your mobo model?

Also, is it possible the game (css) is just running with more eye candy turned on? Make sure the same settings have been selected as the old card's. You wouldn't even notice some effects, but they'd make the game slower e.g. higher antialiasing (dunno if css even supports this) but this actually sounds more like your problem. Go into options on the main screen, then the video tab, and then advanced. I'm guessing a few things have changed since the card is better so that's probably the cause of the lower fps. Try turning a few useless effects lower or off e.g. water and shadow detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back