New Vid Card install help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxZxXx

I will be getting the x3100 integrated graphics on my new pc... and i don't want any problems switching over to a different graphics card... will i have to uninstall drivers for it before installing the new card, or will the new drivers just override the integrated graphics... Thanks

yes uninstall all the old drivers then connect your new vid card up and begin to put all the new drivers on ... i recommend downloading the latest ones for your graphics card as the ones on the disk arent very good

to disable the onboard graphics you need right clik on my computer/hardware/device manager and then unistall the onboard graphics under display adapters or you can remove it from the add and remove programs in control panel.

As far as disabling your on-board graphics goes, you will have to read your mobo manual.

Some mobo's allow you to disable, some don't. You haven't said what mobo you have so its impossible to tell.

Jase123 said:
to disable the onboard graphics you need right clik on my computer/hardware/device manager and then unistall the onboard graphics under display adapters or you can remove it from the add and remove programs in control panel.
Incorrect. Usually done in the bios. Why would you un-install it? You have no ability to go back to it unless you re-install it. Just dis-able it.

If you try to uninstall onboard graphics in the Device Manager, it will only reinstall the next time you restart the PC. It is the graphics driver that you uninstall under Add/Remove Programs. You disable onboard graphics in the BIOS as kpo already said.

That said, some systems will automatically disable the onboard graphics as soon as a graphics card is installed. In at least some BIOSes you can enable or disable that automatic ability. Others you have to manually turn off.

You can often run both cards at the same time with different monitors. However, if you do not intend to use the onboard graphics, I recommend that you disable it if it isn't done automatically. As long as it is enabled, some system RAM will be reserved for it unnecessarily and it will be wasted.

Thanks for the help and fast responses, I'll post the motherboard information tomorrow I'm kind busy right now Propz to all. :) Cheers!

Ok, sorry it took so long was busy Friday, and gone for the weekend, heres the type of motherboard: FOXCONN G33M02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back