Status
Not open for further replies.

eastrise15

my comp specs are

hp 3.06 ghz pentium 4 processor
512 mb memory
160 gb hard drive
desktop pc

i just bought half life 2 and i cannot play the game becuase the graphics card that was installed with the computer is pretty poor. it is a intel extreme graphics accelerator or something like that. i just bought a ati radeon 9250 pci 256mb video card that i installed yesterday. my problem now comes in becuase when i have the monitor hooked up to the video card the monitor does not display the desktop correctly. it shows everything offscreen, i cannot click on anything without guessing where it is at to the far right. i figured out to use the windows magnifier for people with sight disabilities to see what i am doing offscreen, so i can access whatever i need to change

my question is how do i get the desktop screen back to normal while using my new video card?

ive been at this for too many hours now and im sure it is something pretty simple that i am overlooking. so if anyone could help me out i would be so much appreciative

Ryan

Try right clicking on your desktop (any empty spot) and selecting "properties", then to the "settings" tab (I think that is what it is called... the one on the far right).

Then mess around with that slider bar. Not sure if this'll fix you up but worth a try!

yea ive tried messing with all of that and nothing so far, ive gone to many sites like this and no1 knows anything yet but thanks for the attempt

i forgot to mention also that when i delete my drivers for the old vid card they keep coming back because windows automatically detects them.

i think this might have something to do with it

Did you try leaving the old drivers installed, but disabling the hardware in the hardware manager? Hopefully you can disable it with software, and not have to mess around with jumpers.

I don't think the problem is with the onboard video card. As long as you disable the old video card, it should run fine.

Did you do any adjustment on the monitor?? Maybe it has something to do with the monitor but not your video card.

cT

But it seems the problem is exactly that. He can not disable the onboard card. Windows is not letting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back