New Video Card Error Out Of Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcha

Hi,

I just installed a new ATI Radeon 8500[128MB] video card and am now experiencing freezing with the error Out Of Range 23 kHz 37kHz. Sometimes the error appears at other times I just get a black screen. This happens while just browsing the internet, no games.

I have tried changing the display settings, screen resolution, refresh rate and increasing the DPI. I have now reverted back to the original settings. 800 x 600 85Hz 96 DPI.

Supported Video Modes are: 640 x 480 140 Hz
800 x 600 110 Hz
1024 x 768 85 Hz
1152 x 864 75 Hz
1280 x 1024 65 Hz

Yet I am unable to get a refresh rate above 85 Hz.

I also installed another 128MB of memory.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Kind Regards,
Sarcha

Specs in profile have not yet been updated.

OOps I think I posted this in the wrong forum feel free to move. Thanks.

What drivers are you using? and why would you want a refresh rate above 85hz? is the supported resolutions for the video card or your monitor? and if that si from display properties is the box " hide modes that this monitor cannot display" box checked?

I have the latest drivers. Video, MB, BIOS and Chipset. Yes, the monitor. Ok, when I try to increase the resolution everything is smaller than it should be. Yes, the hide modes that this monitor cannot display box is checked. Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
Sarcha

Do you have the latest drivers for your monitor and does windows list it correctly or does it say "plug and play monitor"?

LOL...I've been trying to access the monitors site for ages and keep getting the page cannot be displayed error. I must admit, I have recently had to re-format, recently moved and do you think I can find where I packed the motherboard disk and the monitor disk. Found all others. Found all drivers I needed via the net. Hell...what would we do without it. ;)

Here's the site addy-> http://www.hansol-uk.com/

Driver Download-> http://www.hansol-uk.com/support/drivers.html

Slainte!!
Sarcha

PS.. oh yes it definately displays the monitor as a 'Slug In Play'

Oh yea.. If it's out of range does that mean that the cows escaped??

Hey...I did!!

Hansol monitors are "econo" models and arent going to support high refresh rates. if you can run 85hz at 1024x768 then you would be doing good.( but you would be beter off shooting for 75hz.

apparently hansols driver support page is non existent. you best bet would to be to google for the drivers and see if someone has some archived somewhere. just use the name and model number of the monitor followed by drivers and see what come ups.

Oh yea.. If it's out of range does that mean that the cows escaped??

Yeah it means when you try to set to high a refresh rate the cows stampede. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back