New video card, no display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I just bought a new video card: ASUS EAH 5670.

I took out my old video card and installed the new video card but I dont get any display on my screen, its just black screen.

Can anyone help me on this? I have installed video card many times before but I never encounter such problem.

My computer is HP Pavilion a6045x

What was the older video card you had? Did you uninstall all previous graphics drivers drivers before pulling out your old card? Also ensure that your PSU provides sufficient power to run your GPU.

The old card is Radeon 1950 PRO which requires power supply of 450W and I currently have power supply of 500W.

Does the fan spin up or is the card showing absolutely no sign of life?
If it looks dead and you can't test the card in another system then I'd probably look at contacting your retailer/etailer/OEM for a replacement card.
Some PCIe x16 2.0 spec cards do have incompatibility problems with PCIe x16 1.0 motherboard slots but the card would still be able to display fine.
If your PSU can run a X1950 Pro then a HD5670 shouldn't present any problem as your new card gains all it's power draw through the PCIe slot.

just to put this out there but does your current monitor only operate at lets say 75 refresh rate and below? Mine did and when I installed my new card I got a black screen so I hooked up my brothers lcd tv and got a signal and put the card to a 75 refresh rate plugged my monitor back in all all worked well.

I tried to connect another monitor (they both are Samsung monitors), it also shows no display on the screen as well, whereas my old video card works find fine with both monitors. I dont know anything about refreshing rate, how do you change refreshing rate on a monitor? and how do you know what rate you need?

i don't know what it is on vista but with xp you right click anywhere on screen click on properties, the last tab is settings hit that you'll se an advanced button click on that. once the advanced menu pops up in a new window click on monitor. Your manual for the new monitors should somewhere say refresh rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back