New Video Card not working...grr

Status
Not open for further replies.

sllewe

Ok so here it goes.

Stage 1
I just recently bought a x800 and a cooler master (dont shoot me) 420W PSU to go along with it, ot replace my old x600 (that died) and 300W Hipro. Well when i finally tried to get everything booted up, i got a constant hang on the Welcome screen. The screen would turn a bunch of different colors.

Stage 2
Well after sitting down and thinking about it, i thought, did i just seriously buy a cooler master PSU :p Well that has to be the problem, it is probobly getting a terribly low amount of watts out of it. SO i RMAed it back to newegg, and got a Ventec iON 460w.

Stage 3
Well when i got the iON a few days later i noticed it was Heavy as lead, so i though wow this is a nice power supply. Installed all the hard ware agian, booted...same thing, hang on the welcome screen.

Stage 4.
Obviously now i thought...bad card. Took out the card, Put it into a Gateway my friend has, and it worked like a charm. Even did some memory test using PC doctor, all came back a-ok.

I cant figure out why this thing wont work!

A stumpted
Sean

BTW- The PCI-E slot is clean of dust, and it appears (visually) that there is nothing wrong with the slot.

I notice in your profile that you have the system overclocked. Maybe it just isn't stable at the setting you have it at?

I totally forgot to mention that. I have returned the FSB to normal, and relaxed my RAM timings.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back