New Video Card not working...grr

By AtK SpAdE
Jul 14, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok so here it goes.

Stage 1
    I just recently bought a x800 and a cooler master (dont shoot me) 420W PSU to go along with it, ot replace my old x600 (that died) and 300W Hipro. Well when i finally tried to get everything booted up, i got a constant hang on the Welcome screen. The screen would turn a bunch of different colors.

Stage 2
    Well after sitting down and thinking about it, i thought, did i just seriously buy a cooler master PSU :p Well that has to be the problem, it is probobly getting a terribly low amount of watts out of it. SO i RMAed it back to newegg, and got a Ventec iON 460w.

Stage 3
    Well when i got the iON a few days later i noticed it was Heavy as lead, so i though wow this is a nice power supply. Installed all the hard ware agian, booted...same thing, hang on the welcome screen.

Stage 4.
    Obviously now i thought...bad card. Took out the card, Put it into a Gateway my friend has, and it worked like a charm. Even did some memory test using PC doctor, all came back a-ok.

I cant figure out why this thing wont work!

A stumpted
    Sean

BTW- The PCI-E slot is clean of dust, and it appears (visually) that there is nothing wrong with the slot.
  2. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,195

I notice in your profile that you have the system overclocked. Maybe it just isn't stable at the setting you have it at?
  3. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,846

I totally forgot to mention that. I have returned the FSB to normal, and relaxed my RAM timings.

Sean
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.