TechSpot

New video card

By iamaphoenix
Sep 6, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. hello, im sure someone posted somethign along this line before, but sicne computers react differently to different cards and such i figured id ask. want the new card for wow.. so =)

i have a dell inspiron desktop
    intel core 2 duo E7400 @ 2.8
    6 gigs of ram
    64bit vista (saving for 7)
    current onboard graphics card - intel G33/31 series
    410 watt psu i think

i was wondering if there was a good card that could run at about 30fps for the most part with the power restrictions (im looking into upgrading that since i think its damaged) and under like 60-70 bucks??

thanks in advance

2. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,378   +127

IMO it would be better to get that new powersupply first, it would open a world of graphics card that are much more useful...
    I believe your motherboard has a PcIe, but just in case, post your motherboard or computer model number.

3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,914   +93

4. iamaphoenix

iamaphoenix TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 56

its an inspiron 530, i think i have an agi x16 slot dunno tho, and yeah i was tempted to find a psu as well, but again price range lol

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

The HD 5670 is a great recommendation, and this one is slightly over-budget, but you get a rebate, which makes it a great deal IMHO.

6. DKRON

DKRON TS Enthusiast Posts: 567   +13

7. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,129

Don't try to get anyone to buy stuff from that website, their prices are too high

Edit:

Never mind, i see that the website is from Australia and its using U.S. currency

8. DKRON

DKRON TS Enthusiast Posts: 567   +13

Yes dustin, if you work out the currency calc it actually is very cheap

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.