1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

New video card

By iamaphoenix ยท 7 replies
Sep 6, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. hello, im sure someone posted somethign along this line before, but sicne computers react differently to different cards and such i figured id ask. want the new card for wow.. so =)

i have a dell inspiron desktop
    intel core 2 duo E7400 @ 2.8
    6 gigs of ram
    64bit vista (saving for 7)
    current onboard graphics card - intel G33/31 series
    410 watt psu i think

i was wondering if there was a good card that could run at about 30fps for the most part with the power restrictions (im looking into upgrading that since i think its damaged) and under like 60-70 bucks??

thanks in advance

2. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,448   +145

IMO it would be better to get that new powersupply first, it would open a world of graphics card that are much more useful...
    I believe your motherboard has a PcIe, but just in case, post your motherboard or computer model number.

3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,221   +161

4. iamaphoenix

iamaphoenix TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 53

its an inspiron 530, i think i have an agi x16 slot dunno tho, and yeah i was tempted to find a psu as well, but again price range lol

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,439   +35

The HD 5670 is a great recommendation, and this one is slightly over-budget, but you get a rebate, which makes it a great deal IMHO.

6. DKRON

DKRON TS Guru Posts: 568   +25

7. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +8

Don't try to get anyone to buy stuff from that website, their prices are too high

Edit:

Never mind, i see that the website is from Australia and its using U.S. currency

8. DKRON

DKRON TS Guru Posts: 568   +25

Yes dustin, if you work out the currency calc it actually is very cheap