New video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazdude

ok, am getting a new card and ive decided to go with Nvidia, now am sure the geforce 6200 will work on my pc, but I dont know if the geforce 6600 will, so thats what i need help with. Am only getting the 6200 if my pc cant handle the 6600 but i dont wana buy a 6600 and seeing it wont work iwht my system making me have to return it, and even worse if i buy it online and can't return it. here are some specs on my pc.

Intel Celeron d 2.93 Ghz
149 Gb hardrive
windows xp media centre edition 2005
1.5 v agp slot
350 watt PSU
512Mb of system memory

well thats all I can think of right now, here is my mother board number in case u need it 775VM8 and heres a site that will show you my bother board and give more details

http://www.asrock.com/product/product_775vm8.htm

well, anyways i hope that the geforce 6600 works with my pc or else ill get the 6200. If I do get the 6600 i dont wanna get the bad news that the card wont work. thank you in advance for anyone that helps.

know where i can get them drivers? any sites? but ur sure celeron d 2.93 ghz wil support that card even tho it doesnt seem to appear on the system requirements?

crazdude said:
know where i can get them drivers? any sites? but ur sure celeron d 2.93 ghz wil support that card even tho it doesnt seem to appear on the system requirements?
I'm running a 6800 gt oc 256 on a P4 celeron 2.4 @ 2.8ghz

Two places for drivers
nVidia.com
Guru3d.com
The Hyperion are linked above.

P4 celeron 2.4 @ 2.8ghz? p4 and celeron are different cpus, both from intel but different. so can ya say what u said again?

crazdude said:
P4 celeron 2.4 @ 2.8ghz? p4 and celeron are different cpus, both from intel but different. so can ya say what u said again?
I'm running a BFG gForce 6800 gt oc 256mb agp 8x with a celeron D 2.4 oc'd to
2.8 on an abit vt7.

Most techies do not think of celeron as P4's
but they are refered to as them, P4 Celeron 2.4
I've always thought of them as scaled back p4's, but
went to intels site and did not find them listed as p4's, just listed
with the p4's..

interesting, ok so you are saying i could even go with geforce 6800 gt for my system?! well, would i need another PSU or 350 watt enough? so the 6600 will defenetly work with my system 100 percent sure? would my pc bbe able to run age of empires 3 in med settings if i had a 6600 or 6800 on my system?

BTW
I've been getting my facts all screwed up this week.
It's running on abit vt7 not the asus I have my atholon xp 2700.

I would think it should run ok. though if it's a generic psu
I would consider a brand name psu.
350w generic would be bare min for 6800/6600.

You may want to consider a non-celeron cpu and go with straight P4,
then you'd be cooking with fire :hotbounce !

but a 6600 will still work on my motherboard right? yes or no? thats what I need to know. and I also would like to keep thr price below $200.00 so well. will the geforce 6600 work? even on my 2.93 ghz celeron D even tho it isnt listen in the system requirements? by the way I am also considering to get a p4, but do i have to get a new MoBo in order for a new cpu? or are cpus replaceable, could i pop out my celeron and replace it for a p4? is that possible?

yes

Yes it will..
From the link you posted above:
Expansion Slots - 1 x AGP8X/4X slot, 1.5V

Should run well untill you can afford the p4

Let us know how it goes
G'Luck

but can is it possible to replace my current celeron and get a p4? is it possible to take out a processor and put in a new one in its place? cuz if u go to the link i gave you to my MoBo you can see that on Supported CPUs there is a huge list of supported pnetium 4s, but i have no idea how CPUs are replaced (if its possible) so if they can be replaced, do you know how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back