New Video Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got Counter Strike Source and it says that the graphics card I have is unsupported. I think its an intergrated one its an Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller. I'm looking for a good video card thats compatable with my computer. And If you could I'd like it to be good enough for Battlefield 2142 (when it's out) Can anyone find a good one I could buy thats compatable?

My computer is a Dell Dimension 4600C With all its default parts. I have 512Mb of RAM, which I'm hoping to get to 2Gb of RAM when I put my graphics card in I'm putting in 2 Sticks of 1024Mb RAM Sticks. And My OS is Windows XP Home Edition.

Thanks In Advance.

While the 4600C has an AGP 8x slot, it's case limits you to low-profile AGP cards only, from which there truly are no good alternatives for playing Battlefield2 or BF2142 with any decent settings/performance.

As it's a Dell, it's also limited to a very underpowered 250 Watt power supply. Adding anything above a low-end card would require a power supply upgrade as well.

I hate to say it, but if you wish to game with this system, you'll be limited to low performance upgrade options only and not to the degree that can play any modern games well. Sucks, I know, but that's the case with most Dells.

More radical methods would involve trying a different case, but with the work and cost of non-proprietary/parts, you'd be in for the price of a new system likely.

Yeah BF2 and BF2142 isnt ganna be able to run on your computer.. and if it does it's with low quality, what I would do is just upgrade to another system or build my own like I did

You may be able to put the guts of your system in a new case and get a higher output power supply but it will have to be a Dell specific power supply from Dell or PC Power and Cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back