New virus for xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux44

hi
i have just got a problem with my pc today .when i turn it on i saw that some change has been made to my computer in folder part i mean instead of showing just folder name it show date that has been created and time and also some more details i try to solve it by going to view>chosedetails at the top of my computer page and uncheck most of the tick which do not show any thing else apart from folder name but it still show i thing it is new virus any help please ?
and also can any one suggest please what is the best antivirus because norton does not recogniz most of the new virus
thanks

Norton is pretty useless at keeping out infections and then finding the ones that it's let in.

These are good programs, and all free:

Anti virus: AVG or Avast - use only ONE

Anti-spyware: Spybot S&D and Ad-aware - use both

Firewall: Kerio, Comodo or ZoneAlarm - use only ONE
There are multiple version of Zone Alarm, one of which is the free, firewall only version.

With your folder problem, do you mean that it looks like this View attachment 27201 instead of this View attachment 27202?

It will look slightly different because I have Vista, but it's basically the same thing ;)

thanks for advise Daveskater
i havent got problem with files which shows 123.jpg i have problem with folder for example it show every thing about folder lets suppose our folder name is windows it show that detail all in below of folder icon:
name which is normal
date of modified which is not normal
date or created
time of created
that is the problem it is so starnge
do you have any idea?

It sounds like a setting that has changed itself as opposed to malware. Windows has a habit of changing folder settings for no apparent reason.

Could you do a screenshot for me so I could see what exactly is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back