Newbie needs help with 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do u think that u r not getting the full 5.1 sound. Is there any speaker not working or ur r getting the same sounds from all of ur speakers?

coz it sounds like im only getting sound out of the front left and front right and the fron centre, rear left and rear right dont seem to be producing sound, but i change just say the front centre speaker into the front left port and it starts to produce sound.

Ive just purchased a Creative SoundBlaster Live 7.1 soundcard, people seems to think that the sound cards I have are not good enough so I got that one so hopefully it will clear up any problems.

Another thing is troubling is I turn my speakers down to minimum and i plug my headphones in and its as loud as hell. I have to turn it down on Windows Media Player. Im getting maxiumum sound on my TDK Headphones when it is as low as it can go on the speaker knob.

I hope you can make head or tails out of this because I sure cant. I havnt ruled out anything yet, the speakers that dont produce sound, they have the absolute faintest sounds coming from them.

Hope this Helps

Phantom

I have also Creative live 7.1 with edifiers speaker and they are working great.
I also thinks that Motherboard soundcard is not good. Now are u getting full 5.1 sound from Creative sound card?

Most Soundcards will only output in stereo now unless it's a multi-channel source, e.g. DVD or 3D audio supporting game. So if they play in 5.1 then you've no problem.

In Creative live 7.1 Software (given by the sound card) In EAX console its 3ed tab of CMSS 3D. Just turn it on and u ll get full 5.1 sound by converting ur stereo sound.

For the C-media. There is a program included on the drivers CD which allows you to activate the 5.1 surround sound, as default the sound is set to 2 speakers. To use the surround sound the blue input port on the back of the computer has to be used along with the green output port, it explains it on the CD. The software has a number of test included with it to show you the full effects of surround sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back