TechSpot

Newbie-Physical Memory Dump

By dearjeff
Jan 9, 2007
  1. Hey, I'm not computer illiterate, but far from an expert either. Can anyone tell me what causes my computer to crash and give me the blue 'physical memory dump' screen? How can I fix it?

Thanks.

2. hatlane1

hatlane1 TS Rookie

My guess will be your ram/memory modules, change them and repair you operating system!

3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Too many causes to list and discuss without more information on your equipment. Can be overclocking error; Power supply beginning to fail or inadequate; Bad memory module;, defective hard drive or defective Windows install; bad modem; bad network interface; defective sound card; overheating due to dirt or pet hair in fan or cooling channels; bad cpu fan.

If you present your brand and model, we can perhaps begin to be a bit more specific.

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

Absolutely not, you gave us no information.

You should read Guide to Making a Good Post/Thread, and then create a new thread in the Windows OS forum. Then we can go from there.

5. dearjeff

dearjeff TS Rookie Topic Starter

I will get the info....I'm sorry I wasted your time responding.

6. dearjeff

dearjeff TS Rookie Topic Starter

My Info

I apologize to you considerate folks, I am a newbie trying my best...here is the info:

Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop

System:

Microsoft Windows XP
    Media Center Edition
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2

Intel Pentium processor 1400MHz
    1.40 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

7. Grafficks

Grafficks TS Rookie Posts: 302

You should post your Minidump files as attachments and start a thread in the Windows OS board. Someone will have a look at the Minidumps and give you the most probable causes of your crash.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.