TechSpot

Newbie resides in fear---Hello all!!!!!!!!

By grapeape
May 10, 2004
  1. I do happen to have a question..... I just completed my first build, all 7 seven hours of it.. Thank god that is over. I installed Windows XP home Edition,w/t SP1, but when I open up any application..ie.. Media player, power point, anything,, it slows my cpu down to 90%+. I read forums and found no answer, I am willing to do just about anyhting to get this thing running without calling or taking it in for help....PLease help!

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,628   +113

Welcome to TechSpot Forums.
    You'd be better off posting your actual problem in Cooling and Modding - "Cooling, modding and PC building discussion."
    More likely to get some responses. Please also enter the PC specification into your profile or at least post it along with the problem. Often this can result in someone spotting a piece of hardware that causes some sort of problem, or that x.x Driver has a bug and that you need to get newer drivers etc..

Anyway I hope you receive the help you need :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.