Newbie with router problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a HP Compaq nc6220 and thought it would be nice to connect wirelessly to the internet, so I purchased a D-Link DI-634M 108G mimo wireless router....only if i knew how hard it would have been!!!

My laptop is running Windows XP Media Edition. I have successfully installed the required
drivers for the D-Link wireless adapter and everything seems to be functioning. I can view the wireless connection but when I try to connect I
get a notice....
"Unable to connect to wireless network".

However it's only mm away from it.

I don't think security is an issue (I've disabled Norton Antivirus on the laptop and uninstall all free anti-spam and anti-virus software I had downloaded from the net, and the settings on the router I have set Network authentification open, Date Encryption as none, disabled DMZ, DHCP server, MAC filters and Firewall Rules - all these in attempt to gain a connection).

Under WAN settings I've chosen Dynamic IP Address

I called D-Link and said everything is ok with router.

I took it to work to be checked from an IT guy, but he did nothing...i still have the problem.

Any ideas? I really need help.

Turn the DHCP server back on :)

Are you trying to connect using the HP wireless utility or the Windows wireless functionality? Try the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back