By bellshouse1
Sep 15, 2008
  1. Hello guys,

I'm new here so please bear with me. I hope this forum will be helpfull. I am having some trouble with my sylvania1021 mp3 player. For some reason I am not able to get to the menu function to delete the files on the player. According to the users manual I should be in the stop mode, press the menu botton, and select the delete option. However, when I press the menu in stop mode the only options I get is the files folder but it only lets be scroll down to select the songs. Hope this is enough information.
  2. BillAllen55

BillAllen55 TS Maniac Posts: 368

Based on your question I'm not sure if you have the complete manual to your player. If you will go to this site it will allow you to download the entire manual

What I'm reading when going through the directions is that it asks the user after pressing the menu button it is then asking that you go to the file folder then to select a file that you wish to delete 'prior' to going to the delete option. I admit the directions from the manual are not all that clear I'm thinking the user must first select the file that is wanted to be deleted prior to asking for it to be deleted. Best I can come up without having the mp3 available to look at.
  3. bellshouse1

bellshouse1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

It appears that it is supposed to be one of the options in the file menu. The problem is that when I go into the menu function the selections I get is the File list, where I can only find the song to play, the equalizer set, the play mode set, and the return button. On my old mp3 player it actualy showed the delete option when I hit the menu button in the stop mode. From there I was able to choose if I wanted to delete the song. My only option so far has been to plug the new mp3 into my windows media player and edit the songs from there. Big Hassle.
  4. BillAllen55

BillAllen55 TS Maniac Posts: 368

I owned a mp3 player similar to what you are describing. If the two are similar I seem to remember that I had to plug it into the computer to delete files from it. It may be the nature of the beast which requires the computer player program to delete the files.:-(
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.