TechSpot

Newbie!

By rblake
Sep 30, 2003
  1. Hi,

Looking forward to interacting with y'all!

I'm into my Plam Tungsten at the moment but will, one day, be brave and build my own PC - it's a big deal for me!!!

R.

2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

very pleased to meet you.

I remember taking those first few steps a few years back and building my own machine - its very rewarding, although sometimes a little frustrating. I wish you the very best of luck, and hope to hear more from you here.

3. rblake

rblake TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

Cheers, thanks for that. I've replace CDROM drives and other cards and even a HDD so one day ...

BTW, how do I upload a personal avatar? I could only see standard ones?

Thanx,

R.

4. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Isn't that the truth, I built my machine and saved a few hundred dollars and it was definately worth it, because I learned so much. But now I wish I had a full warranty because my motherboard has fried and I have spent countless hours trying to figure out the problem. But sometimes that is what keeps it interesting.

The best of luck to you on your build and if you need any help with anything, you know where to turn ;)

5. rblake

rblake TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

Cheers mate, I appreciate that.

Although I've been put off by my card reader problem - keep getting a disk write error!

If I can't solve that what chance do I stand building a machine from scratch!?

Oh well ... stiff upper lip and all that!

6. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Just keep trying to do stuff with computers, and learning. If you do that, you will be fine.

7. ElStuddo

ElStuddo TS Rookie

Every n00b has to start somwhere. :) Alot of places just give you a warm welcome.

8. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Yes, there is no reason in scaring you off if you are interesting in something new. So we are glad to have you aboard here ;)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.