TechSpot

newcomer in training

By mamabear
Dec 15, 2006
  1. am definitelly a newcomer in training - always - and found this site by asking questions of my computer to help me understand all the freeware my computer guy has installed for me-

I have AVG and Windows Defender among starters - and just installed on a recommendation of an online friend who has Linux (?) to use CCleaner -

...which I have used -

My computer has aol on - and road runner - and using aol to check my email - (I am more familiar with it than road runner which I just got) - I have found that my computer schreen freezes up - and I have to use the off button on my CPU to shut it down - as I have "aol errors" -

the other errors - CCleaner - removes but aol ones - not... so I am wondering is there such a thing as an aol error remover cleaner - I know it is a duh question - but I am still learning a lot - learned what a Trojan was - virus etc.

Wiped out my computer memory in the beginning because I wasn't exactly sure how the restore disks worked - ... but it took me almost two years to learn how to keystroke - and now am learning graphics-

but heck I am rambling - .....is there such a thing which is a freeware which will remove aol errors from my computer ?
    help help help -I know - computer probs another area (sorry)

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Hi mamabear and welcome to TechSpot!!:)

It is always a pleasure to greet a new member!!

It looks to me as if you may be having spyware problems (i personally don't think very much of windows defender)!!

If you make a post in the Security and the Web forum i will be happy to have a look and see it that is indeed the cause of your pc's ills!!:)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.