TechSpot

Newcomer svanblaricum - Hello!

By svanblaricum
Jan 12, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am new and want to send out a Hello! to everyone. I am researching the forums and price watch for new laptop I want to purchase. My last one died and I am using a "loaner" until I figure out what I want/need. My skills are very limited since everything I know is from trial and error. Don't know the sys specs on this laptop, do know that it's slower than molasses in winter. Based on the sticker it's a Pent III designed for Win 98. The OS that the previous owner has loaded is Win XP. I can't even change any administrator stuff b/c the previous owner set up a sys password and then forgot the password. Once I purchase my new laptop, I'll add the sys spec. I want to thank everyone who's already posted information - there's some really great info in here! If there's anything that I need to correct in any of my postings, just let me know and I will correct asap. Thank you for the privilege of becoming a member of this site and look forward to meeting everyone!
    (EDIT - just to clarify - not needing assistance at this time - just giving a background on why I'm visiting. Thank you to kimsland for the links - I'll take a peek soon! Have a great day!)
    Best Regards!
    svanblaricum
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Hi svanblaricum and welcome to TechSpot

To access technical support you will need to go to Here into the appropriate forum for any problems you may have.

This forum is for introductions only as stated above:
    You can also access many online TechSpot guides Here

Please read all guidlines and TOS Here before posting.

Guide to Making a Good Post/Thread

Also it is customary to post your system specs in Edit Profile:

Enjoy your Stay :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.