TechSpot

Newcomer trying to reinstall os

By mart833
Jan 11, 2005
  1. hello
    i am new here today and i need some help. i am trying to reformat and reinstall my xp home to clean out my pc. but cant get past license agreement f8 does nothing. just sits there. first time trying this and just learning dont want to kill my pc.assistance appreciated

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m not to sure what would cause your problem but take a look at my reply to this post Here

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. mart833

mart833 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i have done exactly what you say. but when i get to the f8 nothing happens. i have a cordless keyboard and mouse and the light goes off on the little sensor thing could this be why my keyboard doesnt respond mart833

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

That is a possibility. Can you try another keyboard preferably an ordinary one?

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Ps Moderators perhaps you would like to move this to the appropriate Windows OS forum

5. mart833

mart833 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i am not physically able to switch the keyboard but will get back to you with the results when i get someone to switch them for me thanks mart833

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.