Newly assembled comp- no signal says monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I assembled a computer with friend today, everything seems to be at the right spot, at post it beeps, hdd spins, all fans turn and lights (LED and such) goes on. Only problem is that my monitor just refuses to show signals.

Here is my computer specs:
Ultra 600w X-Finity Power Supply w/2 80mm (i am pretty sure this psu is good enough)
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Corsair TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. (so two cards)
BenQ FP93GX 19IN LCD 2MS 700:1 ALOG DVI BLK Monitor <--DVI-D does not show signal.
NZXT Apollo Blk ATX Mid-Tower Case w/Clear Side
Intel Core2Duo E6600 2.4Ghz 4M 1066FSB Socket 775
XFX GeForce 7950 GTxxx 512MB DDR3 PCIe w/Dual DVI
Seagate / 320GB / 7200 / 16MB / SATA-300 Hard Drive
Sony DRU120C 16x DVD RW Burner
ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard.

I plugged the monitor through AGP on my other computer and it runs fine, but when i switch to DVI on the new computer it just doesn't detect signals, anything wrong here? One more thing is that my dvd burner does no ejected when connected through IDE to motherboard, it ejects when its not connected to anything except power.

Help!

Try and reset the CMOS (Bios) on the motherboard. Make sure the bios is set to PCI for video

There should be trouble-shooting guides for this issue in the manual that came with the board, or at the manufactures website... this is not an uncommon problem, and is usually a setting you overlooked...
The fact that you received no error beeps is a good sign that it is a relatively easy fix.

Try this just connect the VGA to the Monitor without trying DVI? Did you install all the drivers for this system?

Clear the CMOS and remove the battery on the MOBO and wait 30mins. Then place back the jumper pin and then the battery on MOBO. Also note make sure you unplug the system power.

If I was like you take your time make sure everything is tight and in it's correct place. It's like building a robot from scratch. That DVI what do you have it going into what type of Monitor? Did you bend the pins on eithers of the DVI cable?

just for reference, i have it checked by a qualified tech, mobo was dead and it killed cpu so i ll have to RMA both...

Its the MB bios is out of date and does not recognise the CPU.

Power up, no post, Hds spin, CDs/dvds/spin, no moniter means EVERYTHING IS WORKING except that the MotherBoard does not see the CPU.

This means incompatability and this is almost always due to an out of date BIOS.

ASUS is NOTORIUS for this.

problem is that the mobo is quadcore compatible, i don't think it would have issues with my less-powerful dual core.

Thank you for the update. We love to learn what really happened. Too bad, after all that work and expense.

mazzii said:
problem is that the mobo is quadcore compatible, i don't think it would have issues with my less-powerful dual core.

It does not matter WHAT ASUS says at their website as to what is compatible. It is WHEN it is compatible.

ASSUME THAT ANY ASUS MB IN THE USA IS AT LEAST THREE YEARS OLD.

Do you NOW understand what the problem is?

THE BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back