Newly assembled PC refuses to install XP Pro...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I recently built a new PC consisting of an Asus A7N8X-E mobo and an AMD 2600 CPU, 512mb ram, a radeon 9600 vid card and a HDD i had lying around. I started to onstall XP Pro but got about 30% through the file copying process and got an NTFS problem. I tried a FAT32 partition but got the same problem. Any suggestions? :confused:

It would seem my XP pro disk is damaged. Bought XP home and it seems to be installing ok. It's very slow however, it's taken 1 hr to get to 35%. Is this normal?

Better stop that install. XP needs a minimum of 1,5gb to start with, without any frills.
Let XP (from the boot-CD) delete all the current partitions, then make 1 partition only, using up all the space available and format it in NTFS.
Then do the install again.

Hi again, I bought a new HDD, did all the right things and WinXp will still not install. I swapped Hdd's with this rig. Windows booted but on completion the system reboots continually. I noticed in the users guide that Sata is enabled as default, as I am not using a Sata HDD should this therefore be disabled? Guess I'll disable it and try yet again.
*edit- same thing, Man this is killing me....
Blue screen reads as follows-Irql not less or equal.
STOP: 0x0000000a (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x807c860e)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back