Newly Built Computer but no signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a new computer today. the specs are as follows:
AMD 64 3000+
1024MB Ultra PC3200 Ram (One stick new, one is about 3-4 months old)
ECS KN1 Extreme nForce4 Ultra 400 Socket 939 motherboard
running on a 400 watt power supply
Graphics card is a Chaintech GeForce 6200 PCI-express 256MB card.
two hard drives (one 3-4 months old, one almost a year) 120gb and 60 gb respectively.
i hooked it all up today and im pretty sure everything is done right as this is my fourth built computer in 3 years. yet when i go to boot it up. everything seems to run and lights go on in every corner of the motherboard (ram, pci, etc.) but the monitor does not get a signal and nothing comes up. i have a motherboard diagnostic thing from Soyo and it just stays on FF. meaning flash program successful BIOS is going to restart runtime code is uncompressed in F000 shadow ram (this is what the manual says).

any help would be so greatly appreciated.

oh and i have tried reseating everything, trying only one stick of ram, running off of just ram, video card and motherboard, but still no results.

anyone have any suggestions?

thanks in advance.
Tim

no it does not. im tempted to go buy another one just to see if its faulty and return the other, but idk if tiger direct will take back the one that is not working.

Try to borrow another card before you ask for an RMA from Tigerdirect.
If the other card does not work either, try another monitor.
Could also be that your ECS mobo is shot, they (ECS) are extremely low on the totempole where quality is concerned.

to simplify, try booting with either one of the ram sticks installed, but not both at the same time.

i've done that too :-/
my genius friend now has my computer and is currently trying to do whatever he can to hopefully make it work....thank god for him! :bounce:

thanks for all your attempts to help as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back