Newly built PC BSODing to hell

Franbell

Hello guys.
Recently I finished building my new rig, I immediately ran onto some problems like crashings and BSODs, and since the only used part I had in there was a 500gb HDD, I thought that was what was causeng the trouble so I bought a new 1TB HDD and funnily enough the problem was fixed. The PC was working perfectly for about a month, and a few days ago a friend of mine gave me his graphics card since he was upgrading as well (I had no VGA before), but after installing said VGA (an Evga 768mb nvidia GTX460) the same problems I had before started to reappear, this time I thought it was the used card's fault so I removed it and tried using the PC like it was before, but the problems persisted and I thought reinstalling the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) would fix it. Thing is, I can't even succesfully install Windows without the PC crashing at the last stages. The installation itself is fine but after the final reboot when you're asked to choose your settings (language, username, etc) the PC BSODs and I have to redo the whole last step again, with always the same result. I managed once to finish the installation, only to get yet another BSOD at the "Welcome" screen. I tried installing XP SP3 but the installation wouldn't even begin and I'd get... yep, another BSOD. I honestly have no idea what might be causing this, since all parts are brand new and worked perfectly for over a month, so they can't be damaged...

This is my rig:

Motherboard: Gigabyte M/B Intel Z87M-D3H A/L/V (1150)
CPU: Intel core i7 4770k @3.5GHz (not overclocked)
RAM: Kingston 4GB DDR3 1600MHz
Supply: Thermaltake 550w 80 plus 12cm bronze
HDD: 1TB 7200rpm (it may be worth noting that when reinstalling Windows for the first time after removing the used VGA I made the uninformed decision of formatting this HDD with the "format" option when choosing the HDD to install the OS, you know, under "drive options" in the W7 installer.

Thanks for your help, I really need it.

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Sorry I took forever, I made the post right before leaving for work, anyway, I tried doing what you asked in safe mode (only way I can use the damn thing) and manage to retrieve a 83kb folder with about 4 .dmp files, but when I try to upload them here it throws me an error and says the folder is empty, and I can't upload them separately either because the file "doesn't have an allowed extension". Is there any other way I can do this? Thank you!

No, using the on board graphics or the external graphics card makes no difference at this point, though the problems started when I tried installing said card. That said, I'm pretty sure the process was clean and I didn't damage any parts, the fact that Safe Mode runs smoothly is proof of this, I honestly have no idea what might be causing these problems.

When the Safe Mode works but regular Windows doesn't, this is a clear sign of a driver issue... Usually a video driver issue

That did it for the blue screens! YAY! but I got another problem now, which almost as annoying. Whenever I try to connect to the internet (through a wi fi adapter) the computer crashes and goes full retard. It only happens when I try to connect to a wi fi signal. I select my house's wireless connection, write down the password when asked and immediately after the computer crashes. I'm absolutely sure it's nothing other than the wi-fi card (I actually installed Dragon Age and played around with it for about 30 minutes to check if everything was fine, and nothing happened). Is there anything I can do? Will getting a new wi-fi reciever fix this? Thank you so much.

Back