Newly Built PC Shuts off After 1 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I just built my first PC. I'm pretty sure everything is in place. I put in an Asus P5LD2 mobo, P4 3.2 ghz, GeForce 6600 PCI exp vid card, 1 gb DDr2 ram, i used my old HD ATA 60gb. PSU 380 watt

My problem is when i start up everything appears to be normal. i go to my bios, but after about 1min my computer shuts off. the light is on on the mobo. i checked, rechecked all connections. any help would be much appreciated.

check to make sure your computer is not overheating. and check to see if your motherboard is away from the metal on your case and is sitting on rubber spacers or whatever its supposed to sit on.

Are you trying to load the pre-installed windows on from the existing hard drive?

If so, you need to run a windows "repair" so it can reload the new motherboard drivers.

Check that your termal grease is working fine. Add more if necessary. Also, for that P4, try to use quality grease, like Artic Silver or other.
Also check your PSU, it should have at least 20 or more Amps. in the 12V rail. That info should be located in your PSU´s label.
I hope that your PSU is not a cheap brand.
Good luck! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back