Newly built PC won't go past first bootup screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, so if it is not my apologies. I think I'll list the parts that my brother bought for hiS PC:

Gigabyte GA-8I945G Pro Socket 775 Intel 945G

Intel Pentium 4 506

Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB DDR2

Corsair DDR2 PC2-5400

Case

Now here is the problem...After I have put everything together, I go and power up the PC and to boots up like everything working but...

1. CPU fan at boot up starts spinning really fast, than it starts to slow down (the noise it makes is no longer loud...).

2. PC just freezes up at the very first boot up screen (the one that shows you how to get into the bios setup).

3. Keyboard and CD-ROM not fuctioning.

I really have no clue what the problem might be, I did some research using google and varies search engine and some of the places I found mentioned it could be a problem with the RAM. Any help would be much appreciated :D.

First thing's first: *drools all over your computer*, lol, that is a pretty nice set up. I especially envy the RAM.
Now...
It could potentially be your RAM, since motherboards usually detect CPU, GPU then RAM and since you can see stuff on the screen, it could be stuck at the RAM detection. Check if your RAM sticks are inserted into the slots properly--I'd hate to see awesome RAM fail like that.

basically check that everything is plugged in to where they're suppose to be plugged. Also, what kind of hard drive are you using?

Thanks :D, though I think my PC is better :p. I fixed the problem, sadly...it turned out to be faulty RAM so I lent my bro one of mine for awhile. Anyway, thanks for the insight/comfirmation, now my bro's PC is running smooth :D

(Note: he upgraded because he was tired of using his 500MHz Compact HP PC for years :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back