TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Newly installed ZoneAlarm and no can not see "Submit" Buttons on web site

By waterbear ยท 4 replies
Feb 21, 2006
  1. Newly installed ZoneAlarm and not can not see "Submit" Buttons on web site

I have recently installed Zone Alarm and AVG on my laptop. I accepted the defaults on installation.

Now I can not see the Submit buttons on the www.seek.com.au site.

Can someone tell me the setting that I need to change to allow this please.

Many Thanks

2. DragonMaster

DragonMaster TS Rookie Posts: 327

Dunno but it seems that the firewall is clocking the request to the button.

I can say that you should use an other firewall. Zone Alarm is one of the worst out there.

3. waterbear

waterbear TS Rookie Topic Starter

Still struggling with ZoneAlarm - any suggestions for a replacement

I have managed to access the buttons through changing ad blocking to medium. But now I can not access www.smh.com.au (which is a major newspaper in Australia and I doubt that it would be down all day).

Any suggestions for another firewall for dummies (preferrable one that is free).

4. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

What version of Zone Alarm are you using ? I`m using the free version,and it doesn`t have any ad blocker.I`ve never had any trouble with it.Certainly not viewing web pages.Something else must be stopping you reaching that page.Is it just that page or others as well ?
    Try one these better browsers,and see if you still have problems - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ - http://www.opera.com/

5. DragonMaster

DragonMaster TS Rookie Posts: 327

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.