Newly rebuilt PC, no video on-boot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, have an issue that I need some assistance with.

About a month ago I purchased a gaming PC through a reputable gaming PC company. Since then, I've had nothing but issues with it. I was getting constant BSOD's and read/write errors in certain games, then eventually hard-lockups. I narrowed the issue down to the mobo and HD, so yesterday I bought replacements for the both of them. I rebuilt everything and now, when I attempt to boot, I get no video. Everything else is powering up just fine, and the fan on the video card is even spinning (so I know that the card's not completely dead). Any idea of what the issue may be? Here's my setup...

PROCESSOR: AMD 64 X2 6000+ (3.01ghz Dual Core)
MOBO: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe nForce 590
HD: Western Digital 320GB Caviar SE 7200 RPM (SATA)
RAM: 2x1GB DDR2 PC6400 Corsair XMS2 Xtreme
VIDEO: XFX GeForce 8800GTS
AUDIO: On-Board
POWER: CoolerMaster 600W eXtreme Power

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm about ready to take a sledgehammer to it after the month I've had.

The company is notoriously slow in getting these things handled (ex. it took over a month after I ordered my PC before it arrived) and, as nerdy as this sounds, I have gaming commitments that I have to get back into ASAP. I already told them about the issues and they have agreed to give me back the list price for both of the failed components after they are shipped back. The BSOD's began right out of the box as well as the game crashes. It originally had a SoundBlaster X-Fi in it, and I found that the 8800 has issues when sharing an IRQ with the X-Fi, so after switching around IRQ's (and getting the same problem) I uninstalled the X-Fi and the problems subsided for a while. I tried a format + reinstall along with several other things before moving to the hardware.

I've noticed that my network card is not receiving power from my motherboard, either. It's installed in a PCI slot, wheras the video card is in a PCI-E slot. The heatsink fan, however, is powering up, as well as the back-panel network card when I insert a cable into it. Is there something I should check for that might be affecting the power to my PCI devices or the motherboard's ability to check for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back