TechSpot

News around the web: Economy grounds flying car

By Erik
Mar 10, 2010
  1. fadownjoo

fadownjoo TS Rookie Posts: 64

5 years ago future is dual core..i wonder wat they say now. 10 core!

2. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 946   +22

I used to be a member of the Association For Computing Machinery at the University of Illinois at Chicago until we lost our office due to quarrels with the university. We hacked the mainframe a lot.

3. Renegeek

Renegeek TS Rookie Posts: 96

flying cars that really cool, this one is a little bit cheaper than the Sky car by moller co. so maybe some day, we are all going to be flying either by car or jetpacks ... ya... get out your credit card + 25% intrest rate... this is so worth it... :)

4. mrtraver

mrtraver TS Enthusiast Posts: 242   +11

Dang it, I was saving up for that car!

5. Boredom

Boredom TS Rookie

hope i get to see a flying car before i'm old and saggy

6. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 907   +54

As much as I'm looking forward to flying cars, a lot of people shouldn't drive regular cars let alone flying ones.

7. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

Thermaly conductive polyethylene would be a great benefit to many applications. It is probably at least 5 years off of any commercial application at this point though.

8. Yoda8232

Yoda8232 TS Rookie Posts: 145

It's going to be a long while till we have flying cars, first we are going to have cars that drive them self with sensors, then maybe magnetic roads and cars, then flying cars.

9. rskapadia2294

rskapadia2294 TS Rookie Posts: 102

flying cars would be great! lol!
    i have already seen how our future will look! on discovery! lol!

10. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 593   +47

Man, someday before I die, I will get a flying car!

11. levar

levar TS Rookie Posts: 232

wow flying cars I doubt that if it even makes it in the US as in public lets say someone acutal buys the car they could just land at any airport that'll cause a lot issues and the future isn't flying cars! What I want to see are cars that hover now that would be something to get excited over, thats basically a small plane in my opinion. What kinda of jobs... know what nevermind engineers, mechanics yeah I think it would really bring jobs to the US unfortunately due to our recession we're not doing so well- so if nothing happens eventually heh.. if I where him I think I'd take a trip to Japan.

Man I've had my eyes on the Radeon HD 5770 for quite sometime now, the price still hasn't went down since the last time I saw it, read the review great card but there are "Limited DirectX 11 titles available" even though I don't think its something I should worry about still on my list.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.