News around the web: Privacy is not dead, just evolving

By Erik
Mar 15, 2010
  1. rskapadia2294

rskapadia2294 TS Rookie Posts: 102

yeah its rite! privacy is really evolving!
    btw jetpacks going on sale is a great new! eagerly waiting to buy one! lol!
  2. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TS Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

i agree with privacy is evolving, with so many services & social networks + use of cameras/webcams, people tend to redefine their own privacy.

let say, if I'm not keen in showing my true face on any social network & don't post any pictures of me, it's paradoxical & weird that i do accept that others post some of my pix, but mostly if they don't associate my name to them.

i thing anonymity evolves with what we do & what we care to show, it becomes a real issue for those not mature enough to protect it or understand the consequences of not doing so.

humm, the jetback is too cumbersome, & i doubt it can lift some people that are in the oversize category, at least not without burning a lot of fuel, i'll go when it goes light with new technology like anti-gravity LOL!

Oh yeah, happy birthday .com, you made the net something for most of us ...

3. Thompson

Thompson TS Rookie Posts: 65

I love the 5 years ago... because I love seeing what people thought about technology that is now prevalent when it was a new innovation.

As for privacy, nowadays it's almost impossible to ensure one's privacy, you'll just have to accept it.

Finally, Jetpacks, I want one so badly I could cry, of course there are small issues with safety blah blah blah but IT'S A JETPACK.... A JETPACK!!!!!!
  4. Yoda8232

Yoda8232 TS Rookie Posts: 145

Let me get this straight on the jetpacks:
    - two rockets driven by a 2-liter, 200-horsepower engine that can theoretically take you as high as 8,000 feet.
    - range of 31 miles and a maximum speed of 63 miles per hour using regular gas
    - costs around $100,000 USD
    - no license required, only training course
    - very lightweight

What happens if you "run out of gas" when flying 3000 feet up? Or an engine breaks down 7000 feet up? Imagine the lawsuits hahaha. Count me in though, if I win the lottery. xD
  5. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 526

I mostly agree with the Ipod article. Simplicity is a very good thing, but also flexibility and customizeability. Apple is great at the simplicity, but i think they are lacking on the other side. My personal preference is for a quality default OS/settings, with the ability to change many of the settings under the hood. However i know this leads to more need for testing and cost with trying to maintain all of those different code paths.
  6. EduardsN

EduardsN TS Rookie Posts: 51

Thats why you need to wear a helmet.......jk. but I think it probably has a parachute or something?
  7. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 828   +17

I want a jet pack :D. I could have so much fun with that :D.
  8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,456   +1,759

Don't let Kevin Smith hear you talking like that.
  9. bigclick

bigclick TS Rookie Posts: 49

Jet pack on a full moon night...that has to be etherial.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.