News around the web: Your office chair is killing you

By Erik
May 10, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 957   +30

An office chair may be a hazard, but I feel that driving a lot is even worse. I've been commuting about 3 hours a day for the past year, and I feel that my feet and knees are suffering. I guess sitting also has to do with that, since it's possible to get up from an office chair to take a break, but not from a car seat.
  2. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 957   +30

Regarding that Ubuntu article, that's a piece of ****. It starts with "When you ask it to do something, and it thinks about it, and then it keeps thinking, and then you go off and make a cup of tea, and it’s still thinking" (regarding Windows), which is certainly not my experience.

Another highlight it "“But will I still be able to use Word?” you cry. Well, no. But you will be able to use something almost indistinguishable (OpenOffice), or Google Docs, which is far more useable anyway." Anyone who can claim that OpenOffice is indistinguishable from Word or Google Docs is more usable is living inside a major reality warping field.
  3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

I agree, the Ubuntu piece is.. well, a piece of crap :).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.