Next-gen iPhone said to be 31 percent faster than iPhone 5

By Shawn Knight
Aug 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple’s upcoming iPhone 5S is rumored to be more than 30 percent faster than the iPhone 5. Specifically, the next generation A7 chip is said to be 31 percent faster than the A6 that powers the iPhone 5 and the...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,010   +683

That picture is proof that I'm cool enough to own an iPhone. Who else but an accomplished world traveler would have so many cities' current weather setup for viewing? Although, I expect the picture is fake because Cupertino and San Francisco are like 40 miles apart and who would ever need to see weather for both? Anyway, how could the weather be 13 degrees apart? I checked... right now it's 61 and cloudy in SF and 62 and cloudy in Cupertino.

I'm not young enough to think disco sounds new and/or good and so you won't find Daft Punk's latest on my phone. Also I consider 'getting lucky' sleeping in until 8am, not something you go out and stay up all night to try for. And I'm also not cool enough to read pitchfork, which is a guide to Independent music. In fact, I only know what Pitchfork is because I just went and looked it up.

*sigh* I guess I may have to stick with Android for a while longer.
    Skidmarksdeluxe, St1ckM4n and Puiu like this.
  3. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,021   +87

Everybody knows that iphones are on the decline and if they release another dual core they will sell a lot less than before..people like bigger numbers more than brands.

edit: meant "sell" not "see" ^_^
  4. hitech0101

hitech0101 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 426   +19

The real question how much more % overpriced will it be.
  5. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,680   +870

Awesome!

It will be quad core according to rumors.
  6. If you lived in the Bay Area you would know that Cupertino and San Francisco can have vastly different weather.
  7. MilwaukeeMike

Haha, oh I'm sure it is. Some days it's probably a nice and warm 74 in San Fran, while Cupertino is a chilly 68. The sun may even go behind a cloud for a minute or two every hour. I know 'vastly different' is a matter of opinion, but for me, here in Milwaukee, vastly different means a little more in terms of temperature change than it does to someone on the west coast of California.
  8. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

actually it's vise versa, doesn't matter what kind of definition of vastly different you're talking about. SF is usually chillier than cupertino. and SF's weather changes by the min. I live in CA and fly up to the bay area very often. the weather is vastly different from region to region, unlike milwaukee
  9. MilwaukeeMike

Actually I was trying to be a little sarcastic by saying 74 is warm and 68 is chilly. Here in northern fly-over land, our weather adjectives get all messed up. 42 and sunny in Jan is a beautiful day, and 60 in July is cold. We'd be happy with SF or Cupertino's weather pretty much any day between Oct and June. :)
  10. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

Actually I am more talking about difference between being in the 50's in the bay area vs 70~80's inland. my brother in law lives in land and can sometimes see 70~80, and soon as you enter SF, depends on what hour, you can see high 50's same day. that's the difference of being in shorts, vs putting on pants and a sweather. it really is THAT different. so it's not unreasonable to have two separate weather indicators for those regions. I fly up from Los angeles to SF for business all the time, and visit my brother in law as well.
  11. MilwaukeeMike

You're right, I never thought of Cupertino being inland, but it would be. I work right on Lake Michigan and it can be much warmer just 5 miles in.

12. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,789   +702

I know what you mean. I'm also much more concerned about the figures of my bank balance than I am about the bank.
  13. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,789   +702

And I just had to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius... D'ya know what a hassle that is? :)
  14. Rofl gotta love fanboys :D hey mike, question:

why should someone use an Android-based phone?

details. -practical- details.

"ease of use" is not a valid answer, as it is highly subjective (though I see more Android users come in to my workspace for help than any other, but I'm sure that's due to the wild popularity, and not related to interface functionality. seriously. no sarcasm.)

Personal Note: Best part about not being overly-attached to a brand is the ability to use any device I want based on my personal needs. I'm neither dreaming of electric sheep or cool enough to have a dozen useless features enabled.

Though I will say I'm certainly not cool enough to sit around looking up the origin of each ingredient in a marketing concept shot :D

I'm listening - Dr. Frasier Crane (rofl like I said, completely uncool)
  15. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 708   +28

Looking forward to ios 7 on my iPhone 5. It's plenty fast in everything it does, that 32% isn't going to suddenly make the phone usable, it's already peachy. And consumers who pay just for quad cord cos it sounds better only have themselves to blame when their battery life blows.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.