Next-gen Windows PC shown at WinHEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Bill Gates today unveiled a new PC prototype designed to "enhance today's computing experience and usher in the next wave of innovation for the PC industry" during his opening keynote at the 12th annual Windows® Hardware Engineering Conference (WinHEC).

[center]
05-winhecpc.jpg
[/center]

Co-developed with HP and code-named "Athens," the advanced PC prototype represents an evolution of the PC as a center for communication and collaboration, one that simultaneously simplifies PC operations while merging all forms of communication -- including next-generation voice, video and text messaging -- into a consistent, streamlined design.

Hehehe, you beat me to it, Julio. I was going to post this very story.

What's interesting about this is that its likely going to materialise as a platform that's been designed JUST FOR WINDOWS from the ground up. Its not really even a PC any more, not as we understand it right now.

Its also a possibility that such a machine would have problems running the Linux kernel. Whether or not this would be by design is another matter.

Unbelievable how Microsoft think they can do anything they want! I for one, do not look forward to the day that the PC no longer exists; I also think (hope) that this idea won't go very far.

they already manager to have the most used OS
now they are trying to make people use hardware that could only run their software ...

And despite of all these complaints, you'll just submit, grumbling a bit, and get these, because all the others do too..

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back