TechSpot

Nexus 4 price dropped by $100, 8GB model now available for $199

By Scorpus
Aug 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google has dropped the price of the Nexus 4 by 25% or more in a range of markets, making the phone even more affordable than it was before. Now available unlocked and SIM-free for $199 and $249 respectively, the 16...

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,948   +381

Im impressed.

3. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,571   +103

Good price, been using it since it was launched and very happy with it overall. Great value for money.
    Now if only they'd make the charging orb available for purchase in the UK!

misor likes this.
  4. Good enough phone and fast enough on T-Mobile. Problem is spotty coverage with T-Mobile. Sometimes it is great, with good enough speed, but in some areas no data or no coverage. I am thinking of changing to AT&T some day to get coverage and speed, so the phone an I must part ways. I hear that AT&T + Google phone is slower, though I could look into it again later on down the road. I bet the next Google phone has LTE. Who knows the future, with lower priced iPhone C and possibly apps for WP8 some day, I may have other choices.

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,026   +913

That is a good deal for an unlocked phone. Too bad it doesnt have LTE.

6. Wow.. Nexus 4 was already one of the best(if not the best) smartphone for it's price. Having it at a $100 discount is really a bargain one can't say no.

At the price tag I don't even bothered about LTE support or non-expandable memory. Gotta get one..

St1ckM4n likes this.
  7. Does the U.S. get a price cut as well?

8. Arris

Well, the title of the article is in dollars :)

9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,178   +764

Glad to see you've switched your allegiance from the Motorola Razr you always liked to brag about.

10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,178   +764

Yeah but it's not relevant in most parts of the world, besides that'll only serve to push the cost up again.

11. Arris

Always fancied that Razr Maxx with the huge battery but this made more sense. Still would like a bigger battery but the Nexus 4 plus Wireless charging pad mean I've usually got some juice in it when I'm going somewhere :)

12. Arris

And push the battery level downwards :D

13. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,026   +913

Yeah, that is true.

14. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,473   +622

I have this for the original price and I'm very happy with it. 25% off is simply amazing and really makes mid-range phones obsolete.

Arris likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.