Nexus 5 prototype exposed in leaked video

By Scorpus
Oct 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Not much surrounding the Google Nexus 5 remains a secret, with a prototype version of the LG-made smartphone appearing in a seven-minute video over the weekend. The device, labelled with 'Not for Sale' on the back, is shown off from...

Read more
  2. No sd card? serioulsy?
  3. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 951   +98

Probably a marketing stunt imho
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +82

It looks.... well, like any other phone that I'd expect by now. Remarkably unremarkable.
  5. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 490   +75

I ended being a phony and got the the Galaxy S4 on contract when it was launched since my old phone was out of commission. I think this has the potential to be the phone to get if it's still a reasonable price off contract.
  6. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,725   +874

Eh, good improvement on the old one. Nothing new though.
  7. Scshadow

Scshadow TechSpot Maniac Posts: 336   +32

I couldn't care less if it were to have some fantastic, knock your socks off feature that just blows everyone's mind. I just want the usual from nexus. A good phone with hardware specs that match the other flagship offerings at a price you don't feel like you're getting ripped off at. But feel free to spend hundreds more so that your videos pause if you look away from your screen. Thats just not me.
  8. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,386   +607

LTE somehow on this one eh? With a nice screen to boot.
  9. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,775   +1,429

I just want a phone/text messaging that has good signal everywhere, and long battery life. They don't exist because manufacturers/cell providers would rather implement BS features, than make them ideal for any location or time frame.
    Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,831   +707

I couldn't agree more. While it's all very nice having all the bells & whistles, how many of these features do we actually use or really want. They just add to the cost. All I want is a decent sized quality screen with the features you mentioned. I personally couldn't care less about giga pixel cameras & fingerprint readers etc.
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  11. Camikazi

Camikazi TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 329   +56

Those are called feature phones and most carriers still have a few to choose from. If you want long battery life then a smartphone is not what you want to be looking at (no not even the iPhones are that great) you want to look at basic feature phones that can last almost forever on one charge.

12. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,775   +1,429

Let me put it this way, we were forced to buy a data plan when there was not any phones available that didn't require data services (or so we were told). I don't need data services but since they are implemented in every phone, we don't really have a choice now do we?
  13. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,831   +707

Isn't it strange how the market forces us the direction we had no intention of going in the first place, then we just have to accept it. **sigh**
  14. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,386   +607

That's life. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.