Nexus 7 refresh expected at I/O: upgraded SoC and display, same price

By Jos
May 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. With Google I/O just around the corner, speculation is starting to mount about what the company might show next week in San Francisco. The next major update to Android seems like a given, but according to KGI securities analyst Mingchi...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,210   +524

I actually own the current Asus Nexus 7 and quite like it. Problem being, after setting it up and playing with it a bit, I found that I didn't have a use for it so it just sits around in it's box gathering dust. It does nothing my Android phone can't do but it's a hellava lot cheaper. I'll be giving it away soon.
  3. ETF Soldier

ETF Soldier TechSpot Booster Posts: 254   +36

Why not sell it? Or send it to a certain techspot user by the name ETF Soldier ;)
  4. ETF Soldier

I am actually planning on getting this, it's rumoured to have a July release date which is around my birthday, the Full HD screen has bought me, as I was debating between a tablet or a phone (which is 3 times more expensive) to put the cherry on top I should hope this includes a MicroSD slot ;)
  5. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,120   +732

I am so gonna get this if it has a 1920x1200 screen,
  6. Gopal Bhat

Gopal Bhat Newcomer, in training Posts: 41   +6

Google don't like microSD cards so don't count on that happening.
  7. ETF Soldier

That's true, I don't really need one, it'd just be less hassle if I wanted to transfer movies :p
  8. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 486   +10

I cannot believe NVidia did not do whatever it took to get Tegra 4 in there. Everything except under sell. Perhaps Tegra not power efficient enough. Well we will find out when everything thing is brought into the light officially.

It does and will suck when they do not finally put a micro SD slot in one of the models. But it is usually not as bad as we think because some people upgrade in a few years. When the Apps start to require gigs they will need to give more space or let us use expand :)
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Heh heh. I've just given it to my grand daughter who paid in advance with a big kiss.
    JC713, Gopal Bhat and ETF Soldier like this.
  10. ETF Soldier

The world needs more men like you.
    JC713 likes this.
  11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Thank you. Yes, she's the apple of my eye.
    JC713 and ETF Soldier like this.
  12. Railman

Railman TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 443   +57

No mention in the specs of any kind of cable socket. Is that the reason for the wireless charging?
  13. ETF Soldier

The Nexus 10 had wireless charging, it's reasonable to assume that this one will too, it's slowly going to become standard. In all honesty, they should have a wireless charging system, and then a wired one for super fast charging.

14. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,120   +732

Well, for it to become standard, it must be included with the device. No one wants to pay for a gimmick.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.