TechSpot

Nexus Player and Nexus 9 tablet round out the new Nexus lineup

By Jos
Oct 15, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Along with the new Motorola-made Nexus 6, Google pulled a couple more hardware announcements this morning with a new 8.9-inch tablet and a streaming media player that marks. The latter is the first Android TV device since the company revealed...

Read more

2. seefizzle

seefizzle TS Addict Posts: 278   +142

Wow, google is really missing the mark with the nexus 9 tablet. Wrong price point. No incentive to buy.

Jad Chaar and cmbjive like this.
  3. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Booster Posts: 777   +137

$400 for an 8.9" 16GB model? That sounds too much. For $80 more you can get the Galaxy S tab with a larger screen and higher resolution from Amazon.

Nice way to price yourself out of the market, Google. The Nexus player, however, does look interesting.

4. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 831   +18

I just started looking for a tablet and like the size but not thrilled about the price. The 7" tablets feel a bit small and the 10" a bit large....

5. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Yeah but then again it does have some impressive specs. If it has 32GB of storage and an SD card slot it would make sense. The Tegra K1 probably raises the price.

The Nexus TV thing sounds interesting but I will wait till the Apple TV reveal on Thurs to determine.

6. Wow...That Nexus 9 is a dud where I'm concerned. It's almost the price of an iPad. If I have to pay that much, I'd rather pay a little more and get an iPad instead simply because the ecosystem for tablet optimized apps is about a billion times better on iOS. Okay, maybe not a billion, but I can definitely see a difference in tablet optimized app quality when I compare my iPad with the Nexus 7 that my wife is using.

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,519   +2,062

The only thing that interested me about this launch was Android Lollipop. The other stuff I couldn't care less about.

SalaSSin likes this.
  8. Neojt

Neojt TS Booster Posts: 167   +22

This thing has a Nvidia K1 in it. it will put any ipad to sleep.

9. Looks like the death of the non work PC isgradually approaching. Biggerz screens and better proc and well optimised apps. Its all coming together.