NFSUG on ATi Rage 128 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

saif

My computer meets all the minimum system requirements for running Need For Speed Underground 1. But I doubt whether my ATi Rage 128 Pro 32MB gfx card will be able to run the game. Will I be able to run the game with minimum settings?

Probably not. That's not even a DirectX 7 card & I don't believe that game has a software mode.

I'll second what Didou said. Even if it manages to run NFS, it would be really, really slow.

The minimum system requirements list says that a GeForce 32MB card will run the game, then why wont mine do?

The game should run. You shouldn't have major difficulties. But faster games will not run at all.

Even the very first GeForce had a T'n'L (Transform & Lightning) engine, yours does not. It will not work.

I back up Didou on this one :giddy: ! Even if it worked, it wouldn't work well enough to play the game. What are you other system specs?

Thank for your replies...
I remember installing NFSUG2. When I started the game, the menus were all black, as if the monitor had been turned off, however I navigated through ans started a race, and except for the speed-o-meter I could not see anything else, but the game was running smoothly. My friend, who has the same card as mine, said that NFSUG1 would run but textures would be missing. Is he true? Also would someone recommend me a good racing simulation game that runs on my computer? I have 256MB RAM, and 80GB HDD.

It might be able to start, but obviously the card is not properly supported by the game.

What is your CPU's model and make?

You can buy a cheap card like a Geforce 4 or something similar, and it would outperform the Rage card.

If you don't know your system specifications, check out my link below in my signature; it has instuctions. Good Luck :wave: !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back