NIC failiure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a very strange problem. When starting my computer i get an error report that says:ERROR initializing PCI EXPRESS NIC BRIDGE or NIC Failiure. I encountered the problem after reinstalling WIN XP PRO SP2. I checked the BIOS, the Device Manager and i can't find a thing... I have an Intel® 925X Express chipset with ICH6-R. My computer isn't connected to a network. Anyone that can help me? Would appreciate it a lot.

Best regards
Guseppe

It could be that your computer is trying to boot from the network and it fails. It is completely normal. If you feel annoyed by it, disable the network booting in BIOS setup.

hey Nodsu,

Thanks for the reply but i don't get the problem fixed. I already tried to disable the Integrated NIC device but without result. I have the latest BIOS version installed, and the only option i seem to have is: disable/enable NIC and two other options to boot from a network. The last two are not what i need and the first two doen't make any difference... I am allmost sure it's a problem in the BIOS and not in the OS. I don't think it's a hardware problem either cause the motherboard is new so i am running out of options here... Maybe clearing the CMOS could help? Any other sugestions?

Thanks

G.

Hm. Is it a Windows error message maybe? You can try getting and installing the proper latest drivers from Intel.

BIOS update is something to consider too.

still not gone

Hey Nodsu,

I tried all you suggested and a lot of other things but without any result. I really don't get it. Any other options i got? Thanks a lot.

Regards,

G.

hai

Foud ur problem, i think u re having one onboarn Nic and it may be IntelPro chipset, there is one chance for getting this display is due to the digital signature problem with windows driver, u do one thing.. go to BIOS and to Peripherals and u can find Onboard LAN just disable this and try, just do one more thing plz mention which mother board u having i mean Intel 845 chipset based or some other

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back