Nice to see everyone again. :)

Rick

Staff
Hey everyone!

It's been a long time since I've really been on the forums. I've had a lot of stuff happening and just thought I'd drop a message for anyone who's interested. I should have more time coming up and hopefully that means more participation on the forums. :)

I just moved to Portland, Oregon (still haven't moved in yet though) and got a job at Intel testing prototype equipment. Since I'm under an NDA (non disclosure agreement), I can't really spill the beans on what I've been playing with, but maybe Intel can catch up with AMD on the consumer desktop market. :p Despite whether that happens or not, it is still fun and very cool to work for the big I. Hopefully it will be a good career move for me.

Portland is a very nice area to live in. After living in Los Angeles for awhile, its refreshing to be here. Cool weather, plenty of rain, grey skies and beautiful scenery. Hopefully I can get settled in soon. :)

Anyway, it's good to be back! If I'm lucky, maybe the individuals I know/knew as the regulars are still around. :wave:

Howdy Rick, I remember your smashing head dude parading around here.

So Intel is secretly working on CPUs and Chipsets huh? Perhaps video cards, modems, and other PC equipment. But may the world never know it!
Intel is actually secretly working on an underground tunnel below AMD's factory, hoping the next earthquake will tumble the site into the dirt.

Not much happening around here you know, people are still having PC trouble. Imagine that!
Must be sweet working for a big guy. Over here in AZ we don't have many to choose from, if any, I don't even know.

Hi Rick.

It`s really nice to see you back on the forums again.

Congratulations on your new job. It must be great getting to play with all that new cutting edge technology.

Regards Howard :) :)

Hey man, welcome back. Some of us 'old regulars' are still around.

Congrads on the job!

Didn't you move to LA partially (mostly?) because of a girl? What has happened with her?

SNGX1275 said:
Didn't you move to LA partially (mostly?) because of a girl? What has happened with her?

After living with her for over 5 years, I broke up with her. Now I think we are getting back together and she's moving up here. I wont explain. :knock: :blackeye: :dead:

damn

I was just about to pass you in post count. :evil:

Glad to have you back though, the forums needed a little Star Trek type of answers (set your motherboard to taze....).

Glad to have you back though, the forums needed a little Star Trek type of answers (set your motherboard to taze....).

If I knew that, I might have been able to fill in for Rick a little. Kirock comes from Cpt Kirk when he lost his memory on the Indian planet and an asteroid was about to crash into the planet! :O He gets knocked out by some energy beam and when he comes to, can't remember his name. He starts saying "Kir, Kir,... " The Indian who found him says: ....wait for it!!! "KIROCK".
:unch: ME Ok I'll shut up now.

WB :)

Some of us are still lurking around in the woodwork, and come out for a bit of fresh bits every now and again.
Congrats on the job, sounds like fun!
And a possible 'grats on the lady front ;)

Way back when, I used to live in Vancouver BC/Canada.
Made a number of trips down south, and visited Portland many times.
Given a choice, I would move from Dublin to Portland in an eye-blink!
Welcome back, Rick, we missed you.

Back