TechSpot

Nintendo 2DS coming October 12, backwards compatible with all 3DS, DS games

By Shawn Knight
Aug 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Interested in picking up a Nintendo 3DS handheld but not too keen on the idea of 3D technology? Well today is your lucky day as Nintendo has just outed the latest device in their handheld arsenal, aptly known as the...

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,549   +852

As cool as this is the slate design is annoying to me, these things should be able to fit in your pocket...

3. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Maybe when they release the 2DS micro :p it will fit in the pocket.

It seems cool, but it feels like they have given up on the 3D part of it. I hope this device does not eat into the sale of the 3DS. It seems like this is the device for the really little kids. Made to be big so it is harder to misplace. Guess you cannot go wrong if you do what Apple eventually does. Now get cross platform virtual console games that have different features on each device and now we are cooking with plasma!

4. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 285   +33

I actually like the design.. it reminds me of the "game and watch" before. :)

tehbanz likes this.
  5. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I think this is cool, but it should be more tablet-like since it uses a slate design.

6. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

No more worrying about broken hinges. That's a good reason to get it for kids

tehbanz likes this.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

Yeah. It makes a nice gift for young kids. It's a good idea but of no interest to me.

8. tehbanz

tehbanz TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

I'm going to get one to keep at home, while my standard 3ds will be my portable!

9. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Cool, a good price discount too. I don't want the 3D aspect of 3DS, so this may lure me.